As we approach the Christmas holiday season and the countdown commences to the end of 2017, many of us will be thinking about Christmas presents, turkey roast and spending time with our families.
But as the clock strikes midnight on the 31st January 2017, launching us into a new era, a new countdown begins. The final chime will signify to all businesses & organisations throughout Europe that there is only have 144 days to implement their company GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) procedures. Are you ready for the new laws, regualtions and redtape?
The General Data Protection Regulation is a new law that will replace the Data Protection Act 1998 and will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018.
If your organisation deals with the personally identifiable information of EU citizens, you will come under the law’s remit—regardless of where your business is based or the size of your company.
GDPR includes provisions for fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or 20 million euros, whichever is higher. Organisations will only have 72 hours to report a data breach to the authorities.
Did you know:
• 49% of organisations had a document breach in the past 2 years
• 73% of employees are accidentally exposing information stored within documents
• 63% of organisation’s claim they are unable to locate sensitive data stored in documents
- The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will require all organisations that trade within the European Union to focus on identifying and retrieving personal data of employees or customers citizens such as names, addresses, email or financial data, by May 2018.
- The GDPR includes provisions for fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover or 20 million euros, whichever is higher.
- “Right to be Forgotten” rule will allow customers and employees to request that you identify and retrieve all the digital information you hold on them and then remove it entirely from your systems.
Newton IT, have formulated a strategic partnership with TermSet. TermSet offers software tools that help organisations embrace new technologies like Artificial Intelligence to transform document compliance, search and migrations.
One of the tools in the toolbox is known as ScanR. ScanR allows the Discovery & Reporting of GDPR Personal Identifiable Information within documents across multiple systems.
- TermSet ScanR automatically scans, identifies and retrieves all personal information in all documents stored within multiple systems.
- ScanR delivers an interactive dashboard to score the level of risk and exposure for identifiable personal information and subject access requests.
- Sensitive documents can be identified and workflows can be initiated for routing, classification, governance and quarantine purposes.
Want to learn more about ScanR and how this can assist your organisation becoming GDPR compliant?
Watch this video and find out more.
Why not speak to one of our team, who can assist you with a designing a bespoke solution for your GDPR data compliance. Email us email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 8782 1966 to chat with one of our friendly team.